This blog is about understanding the seven chakras
The seven Chakra energy centers can be used as helpful tools to living your richest life, conversely not being aware of them can have the opposite effect of harming people who are unaware of them. Here is everything you need to know.
Chakras are known through Indian religions as being an energy point that are part of the spiritual body, not the physical body, and the word itself comes from the Sanskrit meaning for “wheel”. From Hindi, the chakra is translated to “wheel of spinning energy”.
Basically a chakra is where you get your energy from and its believed if you are having any problems with health or mood, tending to your chakra can cure (or at least assist) you.
There are 7 chakras, all of which need to remain balanced if we want our lives to run smoothly. If one of our chakra centres is not working properly, the others won’t function either. Some of them might even work TOO much — for example over thinking with the third eye — which is believed to affect our bodies and emotions drastically.
When are emotions are out of balance, our health becomes out of balance and that’s when illness, aches and pains occur. This is why it’s so important to know your chakras and what you can do to ensure they are all in good working order.
These are the 7 chakras, their meanings, the issues they might cause and how to fix them:
1. Root Chakra: This is located at the base of the spine and represents our feeling of remaining grounded. Emotional issues that the root chakra impacts include our financial independence, and our relationship with money and food. If there are imbalances you might experience things like fatigue, lower back pain, depression, sciatica and anaemia.
FIX — Face your fears. Take a barefoot walk or dance, deal with the fears and throw them to the wind.
2. Sacral Chakra: Located in the lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the belly button, this represents our ability to accept new experiences. Emotionally it provides a sense of abundance and pleasure. If it has any imbalance, it can result in eating disorders, depression, lower back pain, allergies, urinary problems and alcohol or drug abuse.
FIX — Figure out what it is that is bothering you and fix what can be fixed, relax if they can’t be fixed. Don’t dwell. Enjoy the things you like.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra: Located in the upper abdomen in the stomach, this chakra represents our confidence and how in control of our lives we are. Emotionally it gives us self confidence and self esteem, however if imbalanced it can lead to digestive problems, ulcers, diabetes, constipation and poor memory.
FIX — Boost your self confidence. Go for a beauty treatment or hit the gym or take up a sport.
4. Heart Chakra: This one represents our ability to love and is located in the centre of the chest, just above your heart. Emotionally it allows for inner peace, joy and love, but if it is imbalanced, it can cause chest pain, high blood pressure, immune system issues, heart or breast cancer, and heart disorders.
FIX — Hard to heal, focus on the positive things in life and appreciate what you have.
5. Throat Chakra: This chakra represents our ability to communicate with others and gives us feelings of self-expressions and a need for the truth. It is located in the throat and if off-balance can provide things like swollen glands, thyroid imbalances, flu, hyperactivity, PMS and bloating.
FIX — Be honest with yourself. Sing, write, talk. Anything that stimulates communication.
6. Third Eye Chakra: This gives us an ability to focus on and see the big picture, provides intuition, imagination, wisdom and allows us to make decisions. It’s located between the eyes on the forehead and if it is imbalanced, it can cause fevers and flu, injections, learning disabilities, sleep disorders, neck and shoulder problems, thyroid imbalances and problems with coordination.
FIX — Meditate. Do eye exercises and focus on the horizon or look at the stars. Focus on small things, like an ant crawling on the ground. Concentrate.
7. Crown Chakra: The crown is located at the very top of our head and represents our connection to spirituality. If off-balance it can lead to mental illness, headaches, brain disorders, epilepsy, skin rashes and senility.
FIX — Do more of the things that make you feel at peace, rather than focus on material things.
Start today and see the changes a balanced Chakra can bring into your life.